Monday 4 April 2016

Food and exercise diary 04.04.2016

I decided that I would post food and exercise diaries daily, rather than on a weekly basis. It means less of a scrawl if you want to have a look at any of them and less hassle for me in keeping track of everything and writing it up at the end of the week.


The food diary is split up roughly into intervals, kind of. So everything which is grouped together was eaten together as a meal.

Monday 04.04.2016

Food

Bowl of muesli
Two mugs of coffee
Pear


Bowl of lentil and ham soup
Bowl of Greek salad
750ml water


Two mugs of tea


Half bowl of lentil and ham soup
Two grilled sausages
Poached egg


Mug of tea


750ml water


Bowl of chorizo and chickpea stew
Three thick slices of bread with butter

Slice of bread and cream cheese


Exercise

15 minute run



The run was lovely. It was really the first time I've felt properly motivated to go and run outside in years. Being in the countryside and knowing there weren't going to be any ridiculous hills to deal with helped. I was really tired, so was delighted to get myself out and running. It was cold and raining, the paths were hella muddy and wet and I absolutely loved the whole experience.


Altogether, I feel pretty good today. A friend who's degree-qualified in Sports Science advised me to be careful not to drop my food intake too quickly in order to avoid burnout. I haven't had any intention at this stage of dropping my food intake - I'm eating when hungry, but trying to eat more healthily than I was previously.


I figure if I can get my diet a bit better balanced, make sure I'm properly hydrated and do a bit more exercise than I was doing previously, I should be able to make inroads into weight loss in a more sustainable and healthy way than if I try to really push things.


Thanks for reading and wish me luck!







1 comment: